Inspired by Joanna Cismaru
3 cups plain flour
1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup Orange Candy, grated
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease and flour two 12x20cm loaf pans
2. In a bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, salt, ginger, baking soda and baking powder.
3. With an electric mixer beat the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended and slightly frothy.
3. Using a wooden spoon, fold in the grated Orange Candy, and then the dry ingredients until just blended.
4. Divide cakes between the two tins and bake for around 1 hour.
5. Cool on rack before turning out of tins.
*Dust with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of fresh, whipped or heavy cream.